Re: Long-term Simulation of SP

MB sez:
> ps Lets say present day I have a system that uses a 1500.00 stop on the 30
> year bonds.   What would that have been some time back in history?

1500 * past_volatility / current_volatility

it's gotta be adaptive to keep working in the future.... but, of course,
MB (MR. adaptive) knows this.... <g>

> I am
> much more concerned about controlling losses and drawdown than I am about
> profits.

yup.... at least in the sense that i'm sure you mean it..... the
important thing is the ratio of profits (reward) to drawdowns (risk)...
determining the true risk going forward is what all these fancy calcs
are about and thomas is right that you will probably have to go outside
ts to do that

ps - i didn't mean to bark at thomas.... bad trade this morning and i'm
grumpy... <g>

--
   Dennis