Re: Long-term Simulation of SP

>If you want to compare your trading results over different time frames
>and different markets, you have to work with percentages. Once you've
>done your homework on Ratio Adjusted Data and percentage based
>calculations, you can transform those number to dollar terms that will
>tell you how much you can expect to win/lose in the future.

The ratio adjusted contracts are something new aren't they?  I believe CSI
has just come out with those, I use CSI and haven't noticed but I heard that
they were going to add them to the choices of their software.  How do these
differ from the perpetual contracts?   I have used the perpetual contracts
for years and have been very pleased with the real time results of the
systems that I created on this (what I believe to to be superior) type data.
What are the advantages if any of ratio adjusted data?

Mark Brown

ps Lets say present day I have a system that uses a 1500.00 stop on the 30
year bonds.   What would that have been some time back in history?  I am
much more concerned about controlling losses and drawdown than I am about
profits.