Re: EL making noise ?

You can create your own .WAV files that say anything you want at:

http://www.bell-labs.com/project/tts/voices.html

You will need to experiment with the different options and it's sometimes so
busy that it returns files with errors, but if you keep trying, it will
eventually produce something usable.

You will also need to spell the text in a weird form to produce a usable
result.  For example, "SPX" needs to be spelled "Ess - Pea - Ex" and you
need to improvise strings like: "Oh - EE - Ex -- Pre mee umm - Entry." to
get something understandable, but you can have a lot of fun with it.

I have about 25 files from this source that keep me informed of various
Market conditions throughout the day.