Re: Errors in CPQ data

>Response from BMI:
>The problem is that TradeStation does not have an Exchange Filter so
>the software cannot tell the difference between CPQ (Compaq
>Computers) and CPQ (Some Fish Company in Toronto).  This also
>happens on other stocks that have the same symbol and trade on
>different exchanges.

Apparently TS 3.5 DOES have an exchange filter.  Remember when BMI
changed data sources, and I stopped collecting some indices like NDX,
but TS4.21 folks reported continued collection.  BMI had simply
changed the exchange for those symbols to MIC; once I renamed the
symbols, they came flying through my exchange filter.

Yet another way that TS 4 was a step backward from good old 3.5.

Jim