Spam Control - Off Topic, But Sometimes Not Far Off

I know that the Inbox Assistant in MS Outlook Express can be set up to
automatically route incoming Spam messages to the deleted folder. However,
for this to work every time apparently the sender's email address must be a
perfect match, every time.

This results, for example, in messages from, say, shngls@xxxxxxxxxxxx going
into the trash can, while the same message(s) from the clearly related
shnglz@xxxxxxxxxxxx get through.

Anybody know a way around this? Can one block entire domains? Can one block
a certain user name across any/all domains?

Any info appreciated; drop me a line in private so we don't unnecessarily
waste the list's time.

Thanks

Clint