Mixing DBC Signal and BMI Refresh Data

As I noted in the last message, I'm just starting to tinker with intraday
data.  So far, I've just been downloading it from Omega's FTP site and
using it in an offline server.

In a recent conversation with Omega Tech Support, I was told that I should
only use the sfYYMMDD.omz files in the Signal *offline* server and the
bfYYMMDD.omz files in the BMI *offline* server.

OR Tech Support comments were:
> <snip>
> 3.	Because of the difference in how the two servers handle
> the day and night sessions, it is best to paste in the refresh
> data files appropriate to the server you use, regardless of
> whether it is online or offline.  Otherwise, you risk not updating
> some of your symbols.
> <snip>

Recently on the list here, someone told me I could use either file in
either offline server.

...also, on the FTP site there are some notes (e.g. sfYYMMDD.txt files)
that say since one of the feeds was down that day I can use the other file
in its place (eg use bfYYMMDD.omz in place of missing sfYYMMDD.omz).

Can someone straighten this out for me?  Can I intermix or can't I?  Am I
safe if I stick with things like C which only trades during the day (to my
knowledge)?

Thanks,

David Wieringa
Scottsdale, AZ