Re: was ( y2k woes )

At 01:15 PM 12/18/98 -0500, Dtrader wrote:

>my friends who work in the software biz tell me the claims made by these
>religious groups are out of proportion to reality.
>
>in terms of Y2K i believe my friends who actually write code before i
>believe the church.
>
>rgds
>dan chesler

Dan,

Reread the post. Nowhere was it stated the views are those of the Mormons
(again, I am not a Mormon), but rather...

<<The speaker was Senator Bennett of Utah who is the chairman of
 the Senate Committee on Y2K.>>

Are you suggesting that the government's Y2K committee *chairman* is not a
reliable source of information? Perhaps in asking your sources you
neglected to mention who was being quoted; or rather, implied that these
comments were those of the Mormon Church. That probably would influence the
response of a person in such a matter.

Michael