Re: TS 5.0 and y2k patch

Dans un courrier daté du 16/12/98 20:35:32 Heure d8iver Pari32 Madrid,
magnus@xxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

>  went over a friend's house and I saw his TS 5.0 Beta 8 and Preview Release
>  1a. I even got a chance to play around with it a little (as far as testing
>  ideas on systematic trading in 5.0). Spent 6 hours today and 12 hours
>  yesterday playing with it.
>
>  IMO, it is one of the most convoluted, complicated piece of shit ever
>  devised by man. If you're used to TS 4.0 and its format, you're going to
>  have to completely re-adapt to TS 5.0.

Dead wrong, the interface is the very same than with TS4, with some additional
functions.
Are you sure that it was not a Metastock RT version ?

>Start up is a pain in the ass,
>  creating pages and charts, as well as collecting data, is a pain in the
ass.
>  Easy Language has not gotten any easier.

And in color.
EL will never become easier, because it's a true programming language.

>Option station is a nightmare. On
>  an Pentium 166 (minimium recommended), it's slow as hell. On a Pentium II
>  450, 128 megs of SDRAM, there's a slight  (SLIGHT!!) improvement.

You should compare TS4 and TS5 under same condition
TS5 preview is not yet optimized if you read white papers accomaning the
software.
However, it's not as slow as you say.

(I cant say anything for OS)

>  It's used with a BMI satellite datafeed. Speaking of data, there's no data
>  conversion utility to convert your old data into the new one. You just have
>  to collect data as you go along. Fortunately for me, my friend's been
>  collecting data since August and has enough for me to play around with....

The conversion program  is  usually provided with the commercial version.
This one is still a beta, not the definitive version

>  All I want is a y2k patch for my TS 4.0.

If you do not like it, it's not a reason to disguss others.
We will not start again the yk2 stupid discussion.

Rgds

Pierre Orphelin