Re: BMI and Bandwith??

No, they're definitely *NOT* "sincerely interested"!  These decisions are
obviously being made by people who are bureaucrats and/or technocrats and
clearly don't have a clue about the needs of real traders.

This is the same situation that I ran into a few weeks ago when BMI
eliminated the Trade Volume from Options contracts.  If you dig into the
bowels of this bizarre organization, you find that they didn't actually
eliminate the Volume data-- but, they simply began calculating it as "Total
Daily Volume" as opposed to "Trade" or "Tick" Volume -- which they had
previously been broadcasting.

Then, they moved the data to a field in their feed that TradeStation cannot
read-- thus, screwing over the thousands of people using TS for intra-day
trading -- They did not save even *ONE BYTE* of bandwidth-- however, this is
the excuse for justifying the change that they use if you press them for an
explanation.

If you want to gauge a correlation between BMI indiscriminately trashing the
Trade Volume on Options and a similar impact that would cause a world-wide
uproar-- Imagine NYSE or NASDAQ casually ceasing to report Daily or Intraday
Trading Volume...