DMI

I have found DMI crossovers useful at times in catching short term
countertrend moves in stocks, especially when accompanied by classical
chart patterns suggesting breakouts (e.g.,ascending/descending
triangles). The problem with the canned Superchart's (v.4,eod) indicator
is that it signals an alert for a DMI crossover ONLY if there is a
concurrent uptick in the ADX. The ADX is too slow and may not start
rising till the move is over. Supercharts does not allow you to edit the
canned indicators.
 Can someone run down the steps in writing a DMI indicator without the
ADX uptick reqirement? I was never very good with languages, computer or
otherwise, and most of EasyLanguage is Greek to me. Many thanks!

Best,

Monte Smith