From: Scott Hoffman <trader20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, December 14, 1998 1:56 PM
Subject: SP P/E data series

:Anybody know where I can find the current overall P/E ratio of the SP
:I've looked in WSJ and www.standardpoors.com. The SP web site has a phone
:number you can call to get monthly earnings. I'm really looking for an
:internet source. Best of all would be an historical series so I could do
:some backtesting. SP Compustat would probably do the job but that's way
:overkill since it has data on gobs of individual companies whereas I'm just
:interested in the index itself.
:
: