Re: Money Management

Many thanks to all who have answered my questions about
money management.  There has been a remarkable quantity
of good information here in a very brief period.

Apologies to Jim Osborn.  In a previous message, I added
a terminal "E" to his surname.  Force of habit, I guess.

Finally, another question:  Does anyone know the details of
the "fixed ratio" money management scheme, which received
favorable reviews here (or was it one of the other lists/newsgroups
I follow?) a while back?  I know the program is proprietary and
am not asking anyone to reveal confidential information, but in
trying to decide whether or not fixed ratio is worth looking into it
would help to know what sort of inputs the system requires.
No doubt expected risk.  Probability of a win?  What else?

Actually, it's the probability of a win that always stymies me in
thinking about money management.  I've never found an entry
trigger for which the probability of success did not change with
time--usually radically, and without any more warning than the
sudden accumulation of red ink.  Even when the entry technique
soon becomes profitable again, that losing period is hard on
most of the money management schemes I've heard of.

Anyway, thanks again.

Owen Davies