AR Quote

I am sure many of you have seen this quote in print before.

I thought those of you who have not might enjoy it, and those who have might
enjoy it again.

Perhaps this is too far off topic.  If so my apologies.

Dtrader

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The Trader

The symbol of all relationships among such men, the moral symbol of respect
for human beings, is the trader. We, who live by values, not by loot, are
traders, both in manner and spirit. A trader is a man who earns what he gets
and does not give or take the undeserved. A trader does not ask to be paid
for his failure, he does not ask to be loved for his flaws. A trader does
not squander his body as fodder, or his soul as alms. Just as he does not
give his work except in trade for material values, so he does not give the
values of his spirit --his love, his friendship, his esteem -- except in
payment and in trade for human virtue, in payment for his own selfish
pleasure, which he receives from men he can respect. The mystic parasites
who have, throughout the ages, reviled the trader and held him in contempt,
while honoring the beggars and looters, have known the secret motive of
their sneers: a trader is an entity they dread -- a man of justice.

Ayn Rand