fighting on the list - or what are we doing here

This is a shark-infested pool. A lot of good stuff gets spread around in
the churning water, and we can all benefit from it. But we must realize
that many participants on this list have firm preconceptions and their own
agendas. (We all do, to some extent.)

I know several successful traders who have abandoned this list, and other
who just lurk quietly skimming any good ideas that come along. The members
of this list are deprived of some excellent input due to the nature of the
environment here.

-Neal.
<<<<<<<<<<<<

To avoid an undo number of insults from members of the list (which has
about 1500 members), when you join lists like this you might want to use an
alias, like Trader Tom. Most members of the list are at least neutral
toward new members who they haven't heard of.   And please don't fire the
programmer who suggested you join this list.

--- Chris
<<<<<<<<<<<<
Neal, Chris, All,

This list has just had a dramatic shake-up, the whole thing was shut down
for 1/2 a day, two new lists (Mark Browns and the Omega-Excess-List) were
founded, and everybody admitted that too much flak was flying around and
not enough good stuff was getting posted.

Since then the percentage of interesting emails rose dramatically and
volume of emails dropped. A good thing, but we're still fighting and
scrapping and getting distracted from the real purpose of the list.

What Neal and Chris wrote sums it all up -

(a) contributors should really ask themselves seriously whether everybody
wants to read what they're about to post, or are they just diluting the
percentage of good posts?

(b) known names should use aliases for everybody's sake - and I think that
should go down in Jimo's info sheet when joining the list - then they won't
get swamped by emails and others won't get the idea the person's trying to
promote their latest seminar/book/video.

This next point is mine:
(c) this is a community, not just a forum for talking about Omega. I draw
strength knowing I have somewhere to go if I need to discuss trading or ask
question or just chat about it - because I can't talk to any friends or
family about it. We should respect each other more in what we post.

all the best
Adam Hardy