Re: TDRebo: still a mystery

  • To: Dtrader <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: TDRebo: still a mystery
  • From: Tom DeMark <tomdemark@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 01:02:08 -0500 (EST)

i calculated the daily range and
multiplied it by a factor and then added/subtracted from the preceding
day's close. unfortnately, price gaps, both up and down, would occur and
as result the calculated entry price levels would be exceeded on the
opening. consequently, i elected to use the opening price as my
reference level.

td rebo was never intended to be a system. it was a template and a
series of ideas from which other creators could improve and develop
their own breakout techniques. the concept is critical--the opening
price, the previous x number of trading days' ranges, the qualifiers;
such as a condition precedent (down close/up close, range 1 ago less
than all ranges 2-5 ago, etc).

despite
the fact that various ratios(.382 and .618 and .236, etc were discussed)