Re: Daytrading article in WSJ

I think this where the confusion is because you entered a GTC limit order
nobody's questioning that part. The part I'm saying is Nasdaq listed
securities do not accept GTC Limit orders only Stops. Its been a while
since I've used GTC limit orders on exchange listed securities but I
believe they do take them. I realize this has been a big pain for you as
well an expensive. Just trying to find the solution so it doesn't happen
again or two any others reading this post. If you entered this order
through a broker he indeed should have told you it can't be placed. If you
indeed used a live broker to enter this order and he took it that does
expose him and his firm to honor it. Thats my opinion but it may not hold
up in the rules or law but again it may. I'm a stock broker and I might by
mistake take your order but once I tired to place it I would then be told I
couldn't. It would then be my responsibility to inform you the order
couldn't be place as you requested or honor the order by watching stock
price myself. Thats why I keep referring to whether this order was placed
electronically. Because if Exchange listed stocks will take Limit GTC
orders the electronic software used may not distinguish the difference from
Exchange listed securities and Nasdaq securities and just except both. The
order would still be only a day order on the Nasdaq which would make you
think its was still working because the order was excepted as a Limit GTC
electronicly. Hope this helps.

Robert

Robert

 Dark Hacker wrote:

>No chance in hell... it was GTC all the way.
>
>- Hacker
>

>On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Robert W Cummings wrote:
>

>> I certainly agree the broker should have told him that. I'm not familiar
>> with Datek but if he entered the the order electronically was it possible
>> the order was accepted as a GTC, but in reality was just a day limit order?
>>
>> Robert
>>
>> hansi_klein@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> >
>> >In that case his broker - DATEK should
>> >have told him that no GTC orders are