Predicting Trending vs Choppy Days

Could anyone share their thoughts on how to best predict in advance
whether
any given day will probably be like today (Wed), in the S&P, which
was well suited
to my methods, or be like Monday or Tuesday, when a daytrading trend
following
strategy would have been best. What's the ratio of days like Mon. to
days like
Wed.? I am having a hard time programming what my eyes can see
immediately.

For a start, I can see that often days after holidays tend to be
trending.
Also that wide range days like Tuesday are often followed by days
like today.
Any ideas would be appreciated.      Rgds,   Terry