BMI STATUS on data feeds plus future plans

I received this e-mail today from BMI Tech support:

Dear Mr.. Baker,

As of 5:00PM EST yesterday, 12/1/98, we began broadcasting data on our new
datafeed, transmitting data directly from the exchanges.  On 12/15/98 we
will complete the conversion project as we go from receiving data on Canadian
stocks from the third party data vendor, to receiving this data directly
from the exchanges.   In the middle of next year we will be restoring tick
volume on options to the datafeed.  This data was first dropped when we
switched to direct exchange datafeed's  on options one month ago.

Thank you,
Jeff Wald - BMI Technical Support

My Comments:

Contrary to what BMI said, I did NOT find any sector indices, composite indices, or
exchange statistics transmitted by the exchanges that follow have been dropped, contrary
to BMI's "Revised" symbol list.   I checked NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ, Philadelphia, Pacific and
CBOE.   I did not check any equities.

The exchange statistics like Advancing Volume or Declining Volume are continuing in the
SAME symbols used by BMI previously and hopefully will be more accurate than what Bridge
was sending.   I don't know if we can get New High and New Lows on the new feed.

It is possible indices transmitted by S&P or Bloomberg and not also transmitted by the
exchanges are no longer available.   There was only one problem I noted with the AMEX MXY
Mexico Index transmitting bad data, which I reported to BMI.

Congratulations to BMI on a smooth transition.

--- Chris