11-30-98 td explanation

at the advice of my attorneys, i was instructed to trademark all
indicators i discuss and share. given the nature of this business and
potential legal risks, they wanted to protect me from any lawsuits which
may arise from second-third hand use or distribution. they wanted me to
control the individuals who may commercialize the indicators to protect
me from any liability. in other words, had an unauthorized, incorrect
version of the indicators be promoted and misrepresented with outrageous
results or missing key components, they did not want me to become a
party to a lawsuit. these attorneys were some of the best minds in the
industry and they were paid alot of money for their advice. if this were
the price i had to pay to reduce my legal exposure and to exert control
it was nominal. obviously, many may accuse me of being egotistical or
mercenary when in fact neither was a factor. in fact, i have used my
legal rights to force the suspension of two gypsy versions which were
poor facsimiles of the various indicators. the only version which is
correct and sold to the public is the one created by duane davis and
stuart okorofsky and prior to them sam tennis and pat rafelovich--all
good honest, honorable programmers and men.

i've been in involved in the industry for over 28 years and have never
had an encounter with a regulatory body nor had my reputation blemished
with a complaint.i want to avoid any potential problems and devote my
time to constructive activities--research.