S.O.S. BMI Symbols Changes

I just talk to BMI tech. support. They are saying that they are working
to keep old symbols for indexes so users of TS would not have to change
index symbols.

Unfortunately, no one at BMI knows will we have to change symbols or
not. So the best they have to suggest is to enter new index symbols, but
not to delete old ones. The change (or not change) will take an effect
on Monday.

If I do enter new index symbols and keep old ones, and then on monday
BMI will broadcast the new symbols, would I be able to combine the data
collected under the new symbol with data collected before under old
symbol? I know if I change the symbol name (as Omega suggested) and BMI
would broadcast the data under new symbol name then I would have
continue data. But if my collection under old symbol will stop on
Friday, and on Monday it would be collected under the new symbol could I
combine the data?

I called Omega tech support, they are all on the beach...

Please, any one who is an expert on TS enlighten me...

Thanks. Very truly yours, Alex.