Re: BMI Changes - INDEXES

FYI...

      -----Original Message-----
                From:   Campy444 [mailto:Campy444@xxxxxxx]
<mailto:[mailto:Campy444@xxxxxxx]>
                Sent:   Wednesday, November 25, 1998 11:35 AM
                To:     Melody Blais; techsupp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:techsupp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject:        Re: BMI Changes

                Melody,

                Does this mean that I need to change ALL symbols that have
different names???  i.e., NYSE UP VOLUME from @NVA to $UVOL etec???
                Thanks for your prompt reply.
                Campy
Subject:
        mb1125/ BMI Changes
   Date:
        Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:52:09 -0500
   From:
        TechSupp <TechSupp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     To:
        "'Campy444@xxxxxxx'" <Campy444@xxxxxxx>

Dear Mr. Campanella,

I apologize for the confusion. You will NOT need to rename your indices.
The
symbol will be converted from the DBC Signal name to the BMI symbol name
prior to the data getting to the BMI receiver.

As stated in the bulletin, some index symbols will no longer be transmitted
while new index symbols will be added. The symbols that are no longer
transmitted may be deleted from the charting application and the server
portfolio. The new symbols will need to be added to the Symbol Universe and
then to the portfolio should you want to track them.

Sincerely,
Melody A. Blais
Omega Research, Inc.
Customer Support Supervisor

Lawrence Chan wrote:
>WOULD THAT DOLLAR SIGN REALLY BE PART OF THE NEW SYMBOLS OR IS IT JUST
>SOMETHING SPECIFIC FOR THE DBC DATA MANAGER?!

Very important, of course. I converted several years ago
from Signal to BMI. Many, if not all, TS/Signal symbols (for
indices) contained the dollar sign as part of the symbol. I
specifically recall deleting those when I converted.
Consequently, I would have to presume that the dollar sign
is an integral part of the new symbols.