Re: MidAm

Dear CB, CC, RP,

| I think your decision about timeframe, would be influenced by the higher
| relative commission costs of trading Midam ctcts, not the charts.  Dont'
| underestimate the impact of this.  A $30 comm. trading a Midam corn
| looks like a $150 comm. to your method unless you account for it.  In
| fact to trade the 1/5 size grain contracts probably requires a long term
| perspective, esp. for corn or oats.
|
| conrad bowers

This is my experience with the Mid Am. The fills are very close to the
fills on the real market due to arbitrage. The Commiss is too high for the
grain contracts unless you are Super long term or just want to blood
yourself in trading thy just don't move far enough. Don't expect to make
any $$$s from the grains unless   The Mid Am 1/2 size 30 Year Bond and FX
contracts are much better value and  help the smaller capitalized trader
match his risk to his capital better.  The major downside as I experienced
it was the lack of a round the clock stop.  Although 40% of the time that
was a blessing as the market move overnight was just expensive noise.

Regards
David Hunt
http://www.adest.com.au