Re: Daytrading article in WSJ

Life is compromise. I was a floor trader for more than five years, yes I did make
some decent money, the problem is its killing me, the high blood pressure, stress
and fainting spells, my body is signalling me, it can't take it anymore. Also may
have burnt out,as William Eng said, 34 years old is an old man on the floor.( I
stopped at 31) The only advantage I see for floor trading is the
experience,understanding of the market's actions, but maybe just a stepping
stone/stage for off floor trading ultimately.

Try to develop method/techniques/systems that can be profitable taking into account
the transaction costs (of course as low as possible off floor),slippage in
execution.
Because if it can't, maybe your system/method is not really that good in capability
harvest from the market.

Yes, doing your homework to develop your method  is the most important (there's no
other way, and yes, the road is hard and long) and developing steel discipline as to
unemotionally  trade it.(Confidence in your method)

Aside from adequate capital,nothing achieved/learnt/grown/improved if you got thrown
out  too early in the game. Trade small at first till you get the rhythm. Successful
traders
are very patient people compared to the general population at large, (from what I
have
observed). Very cool.

Don't think just going to the floor (or forcing yourself)is the only way to improve
your results, adjusting/improving your methods should do it.

My 1/4 cent of market/trading reality..................