Re: Excel decimal to bond tick question

Peter,

One thing you might do is put all of your "raw" data in one column, then
create another column that contains the "processed" data.  You can even
hide the raw data if it is distracting.

Here's an example:

raw data in column A, processed in B:

113.75	113^24
113.5	113^16
113.25	113^8
113	113^0
112.75	112^24

To get those results column B is actually a formula:

=CONCATENATE(INT(A1),"^",((A1-INT(A1))*32))

Once you type that formula into cell B1 you can drag it down the column.

Not as easy as a custom format, but more flexible.

Mike