Re: Level II

I consider myself a systems trader, yet I use level 2 as a type of
confirmation.  My systems may trigger about 20-30 trades per day and I not
only do not have the trading capital to place sizable trades on each and every
one, but I do not have the brain power to fully mentally trade that many at
one time.  I am a day trader but not a scalper and Level 2 helps me with the
last step of the equation.  I look for the strength in the hidden levels to
make a decision on taking a signal or not, especially on thinly traded stocks.

Works great for me.  My Level 2 cost is usually paid for with the improved
decision making on the first trade out of the box on the first day of the
month.

<< At this point, if you have to answer that question, I'd have to ask, "Are
 you a systems trader or a discretionary trader ?" Do you ignore your
 tried-and-true TS system, in favor of what the Level II quotes shows? If you
 do ignore the signal, what's the point of using a system? >>