Y2K Problems

Form: Memo
Text: (22 lines follow)
I have been reading the posts concerning the Y2K problem for many months.
Omega have stated they will be producing a patch. A lot of people on the
list do not believe them. As we are well aware, Omega try to prevent resale
of SC and TS. They assert we do not own our software- we are licensees -
that is what it says on my SC. If so, then there is a continuing contractual
relationship between each of us and Omega. By promising to produce a patch,
Omega is inducing each of us to continue the contractual relationship  -
sort of "please do not  purchase other vendors software as our software
which will fix  the problem will be out soon."

 In Australia we have a lot of Fair Trading and Trade Practice acts  that
regulate what companies can promise or sell and I bet a lot of states in the
US have similar acts - called consumer protection. If any of you are really
concerned or feel your income may disappear if the patch does not arrive,
then I suggest you see if your state has any such protection.

I do not see how Omega has any choice but to provide a patch or if it does
not, it (and everyone associated with it) will  be out of business.   I
believe the patch will happen  -  but that belief and $5.00 will buy  you a
lousy cup of coffee in Sydney

Gordon Pelletier
Attachment Count: 0