Re: Level II

Another big problem with a partial fills on an ECN (depending on your
Broker) is that each re-submitted order that is partially filled generates
another commission charge.  With one Broker I worked with, if your
subsequent fills (associated with the same original order) were filled at
the same price as the first fill (not likely - particularly in a fast
Market), there was no additional commission, but you had to call their
operations staff to arrange to have the additional commissions killed.

If later Fills were at different prices (most likely) you're charged a
separate commission on each.  In other words, if your original commission
was to be $20 and it took 10 trades to fill your order, your total
commissions could be $200 on that one trade -- not to mention the additional
mounting losses as the head-fake that was set up by the MMs runs against you
and systematically cleans your clock...