Re: Serious Question

Cliff:

Good ideas. I don't think the Euro will overtake the US dollar any time soon. I
think we'll have to watch and see just how the Euro is received by the
investment/transaction/investor community. And we will also have to watch to see
if all of the new member countries will be able to keep their economies within
the guidelines. If you look at the old EMS band in the early 1980's, it was
hailed as the Euro or ECU of its day. But by trying to force their
currencies[and therefore their economic conditions] to stay in step with the
stable currency of the EMS band, many countries were forced to devalue, devalue,
devalue. Besides the obvious French Franc and the British pound, look at the
Belgian Franc: It had two currencies, one for financial transactions and the
regular franc. It came to an ugly end after it had devaled for the umpteenth
time...

Which leads us back to your original point: Currency effects are tremendously
important in a world view.

Best,

Tim Morge