Re: Serious Question

>Stewart and Mark:
>
>First, the leader is the Merc. They lead the Simex by a factor of almost 10
to 1 on many days.

thanks

>I also would not underestimate the effect of certain flows like
oil...Again, these flows are more readable when they are re-calculated on a
currency basis. For example, oil rates are not particularly cheap to those
countries that have seen their currencies plummet on the Asian crisis. Maybe
commodities should be
>calculated in a basket of currencies and the commodity group split to
reflect industrial commodities[oil, metals, building materials] and
foodstuffs[grains
>and others]?

>Tim Morge

Well then we are getting somewhere, we could maybe get some of this data at
least in the US as part of a sector index.  And forget the individual
markets.  I will see what I can find in the way of similar foreign indexes,
this may be the way to go.  This would allow many more items to be thrown
into a basket.  I'm not sure the more the merrier though.

MB