Re: Bonneville Bad date stamp

At 10:28 AM 8/26/98, sptradr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>A comment on this procedure.  It may be easier to just delete the bad time
>stamp ticks manually (the ones with the 12/31/98 date) rather than going
>through this elaborate process.
>
>Why?
>
>Reference an earlier thread regarding the copy out and paste in procedure,
>and the 3 times of the original data file HD space that is required for
>decompression and recompression of the 40BONN.DAT file.  Those with limited
>HD space may be in deep kaka, or have to rebuild the data file in a
>piecemeal fashion.

Guys,

I'm thinking I'm pretty fouled up. I deleted the offending ticks, then
rebooted. Managed to capture the last few ticks of the Globex on SP. When
the mkt opened I received ticks in everything, but the SP wouldn't chart
beyond that last Globex bar. DSP chugged along fine. Finally, when I got
Melody's how-to from Omega via the mailist I dove in, following the
directions.

When I got to the part re finishing the Copy Out, I got a message re not
enough space to compress. And I had 84 megs room for a 7.5 meg file! I took
a chance & copied all the files (to another drive partition) she said to
delete, then deleted them. Rebooted, etc. No change. Finally went looking
for this GOODDATA file & couldn't find it. So, tried to redo the process by
Copying Out  --  again.

This time it happened in a fraction of the time as before. When finished it
compressed ok. I pasted it in as per instructions. Started up the server,
etc. Now I only show what's collected from the moment the server launched.
Nothing is charting from before! I'm afraid to ask, but did I lose all
those years of data? I'm hoping I can put it all back somehow (remember I
copied it all to another drive partition). I just don't know how to do all
this. My phone's been on auto-redial for >4 hrs to Omega. Can anybody walk
me thru this?

Michael Guess