Re: Tick by tick A/D: how to code?

Dave,

> I want to chart the volume on every up/down tick of the DJIA 30
> stocks (i.e. if it is an uptick, +volume, if a downtick, -volume),
> and combine it into one cumulative tick by tick money flow indicator
> for the DJIA index.

This does not seem to be  possible within TS. Since it is not
possible to store such a workspace.

Furthermore you need to combine 30 Tick based symbols which can be
only done with dlls. This means back-testing is impossible.

1. Get our product Tickscape to plot a all stocks simultanously with
an Up/Down tick indicator based upon price levels.

2. If you want to combine all these stocks to one indicator you must
program it in a custom application or in some institutional strength
trading platform.

Gerrit Jacobsen
http://www.tickscape.com

> I want to plot the following indicator, and I have a feeling it's
> not as easy as it may seem:
>
> I want to chart the volume on every up/down tick of the DJIA 30
> stocks (i.e. if it is an uptick, +volume, if a downtick, -volume),
> and combine it into one cumulative tick by tick money flow indicator
> for the DJIA index.
>
> Any ideas or comments?
>
> Thanx,
>
> Dave