McClellan Oscillator

You wrote:

Dear TS users:
Would someone take pity on this newbie and help me set up my McClellan
Oscillator? I have TS 4 build 19 with BMI realtime. I have been charting
the spoo.    Thanxs  Harry

_____________________

Firstly,in my experience, BMI realtime SUCKS in terms of accurate advances
& declines data because they don't update it after the close.

Therefore, if you use that data, better check in next day's newspaper or
use an end-of-day data feed or check somewhere online to get more accurate
data at some point or over time you'll have an inaccurate indicator. I've
complained to BMI, but they just mumbled something about Omega's Y2K patch
& then the line went dead.

I use Dial Data end-of-day in addition to the realtime BMI & if you
download after approximately 7:30PM Eastern, it will agree most of the time
with the Investor's Business Daily figures. It will certainly be close
enough that it won't materially affect the McClellan oscillator calculations.

That said, here's how to make a workspace for the McClellan oscillator:

1) Open a new workspace.

2) Select @NA (for BMI). Click on plot & after selecting the number of days
of daily data, click on Properties.

3) Make sure @NA is Data1 & under subgraph select Hidden.

4) Right mouse click & select Insert Price Data.

5) Select @ND, ensure that it is Data2 & under subgraph select Hidden.

6) Right mouse click & select Insert Analysis Techniques.

7) Under indicators, select McClellan Oscillator.

That should do it.

FPI