Quality Control

You wrote:
> Bob Fulks wrote:
> About all I can say, Bob (beside, "Thanks!") is that TradeLab can't
> get here fast enough. Omega's lack of Quality Control borders on
> the amazing.  You're quite right, it couldn't have been tested.

The lack of quality control displayed by *every* software vendor on
the planet borders on the amazing.  Take, for example, the most
popular operating system for small computers on the planet.  Windows
95 festers with bizzare behaviors and problems that promise to
wedge or crash your machine faster than you can say "I paid for Bill
Gate's dream house and all I got was this piece of shit software."

Part of the problem is a lackadaisical, "seat of the pants"
attitude towards programming that has become engrained in software
developers.  Part of the problem is that many companies are hiring
programmers with too little design and methodology experience.  Hell
they don't even seem to have the most general grounding with
fundemental algorithms or concepts.

And much of the problem is a push to get the products to market too soon.

The sad result is a society that plain doesn't work and because of
these shortcomings, business, productivity and the quality of life
on the planet will suffer.

- Hacker

---
Dark Hacker                   |  Hacker and Fortress web mechanic
The Guardians Of Computation  |  Fortress Of Computation
mail: hacker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  web:
<http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs,
even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor
spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in
the gray twilight that knows no victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt, 1899