Re: Trade mini instead if regular S&P

It is like the CAC40 index future which went electronic in april of this
year and the tick value will be divided by 4 on july 1st. That means I
will have to trade 4 times as many contracts to make the same amount.
But I immediately figured out that the fees will be 4 times higher, so I
had to check with my broker and make sure they would divide them by 4,
which they will do.
Now, talking about execution becaus this is what counts now, electronic
is much faster and the slippage is not that big.
On the other hand, I can tell you that when the market really starts
moving, it moves.
But I can tell you all, that when open outcry will have disappeared, all
of you will be much bette off. You will finally realise how much money
the locals took from your pockets...especially in the SP.

Benoit