Re: This is *wierd*

Ok, I expressed the entry positions as "buy" and "sell" and clicked
on "don't use the exit positions" for each position and my system
produces buy and sell trades but doesn't plot any "exit" positions.
This looked incorrect at first glance (where are the exits?)
however looking at the Trade by Trade report I see that in fact
these positions were exited, they just weren't plotted with exit
arrows!

Exit arrows are only plotted when Stops are in effect.

This, and the fact that to make it work you have to turn OFF the
exit criteria seems totally counterintuitive to me.  Easier to code
but it isn't clear what's going on until you look at the report.

So now my system completely works with entry/exit on both the long
and short side and Stops to limit mistakes.  See the report below...

Thanks again for the help!

- Hacker

DH CCI Avg Crossover  Standard & Poor'S Dep Recei-Daily   01/02/97
- 06/12/98

	Performance Summary:  All Trades

Total net profit	$   2112.30	Open position P/L	$
   0.00
Gross profit    	$   2232.20	Gross loss      	$
-119.90

Total # of trades	      48	Percent profitable
  81%
Number winning trades	      39	Number losing trades	       9

Largest winning trade	$    229.80	Largest losing trade	$
 -20.30
Average winning trade	$     57.24	Average losing trade	$
 -13.32
Ratio avg win/avg loss	       4.30	Avg trade(win & loss)	$
  44.01

Max consec. winners	      12	Max consec. losers	       3
Avg # bars in winners	       1	Avg # bars in losers	       1

Max intraday drawdown	$   -471.90
Profit factor   	      18.62	Max # contracts held	     100
Account size required	$    471.90	Return on account
 448%

	Performance Summary:  Long Trades

Total net profit	$   1408.60	Open position P/L	$
   0.00
Gross profit    	$   1453.70	Gross loss      	$
 -45.10

Total # of trades	      24	Percent profitable
  88%
Number winning trades	      21	Number losing trades	       3

Largest winning trade	$    229.80	Largest losing trade	$
 -17.10
Average winning trade	$     69.22	Average losing trade	$
 -15.03
Ratio avg win/avg loss	       4.60	Avg trade(win & loss)	$
  58.69

Max consec. winners	       8	Max consec. losers	       2
Avg # bars in winners	       1	Avg # bars in losers	       2

Max intraday drawdown	$   -471.90
Profit factor   	      32.23	Max # contracts held	     100
Account size required	$    471.90	Return on account
 298%

	Performance Summary:  Short Trades

Total net profit	$    703.70	Open position P/L	$
   0.00
Gross profit    	$    778.50	Gross loss      	$
 -74.80

Total # of trades	      24	Percent profitable
  75%
Number winning trades	      18	Number losing trades	       6

Largest winning trade	$    145.30	Largest losing trade	$
 -20.30
Average winning trade	$     43.25	Average losing trade	$
 -12.47
Ratio avg win/avg loss	       3.47	Avg trade(win & loss)	$
  29.32

Max consec. winners	       6	Max consec. losers	       1
Avg # bars in winners	       1	Avg # bars in losers	       1

Max intraday drawdown	$   -325.00
Profit factor   	      10.41	Max # contracts held	     100
Account size required	$    325.00	Return on account
 217%

Begin forwarded message: