Re: LEO and ISDN

Shane Wisdom wrote:

> The order is endorsed and sent directly back to
> you....generally in about a minute ( sometimes faster, sometimes
> slower...depending on market conditions).

Is this really much better than the old fashioned way, though?  Anything longer
than a second or two would be too long (fill and report), especially when things
are really moving.  I've been thinking of someday trading this stuff on the side,
but there's no way that I could handle a minute, sometimes more - this is like
trading in the dark.  And that's when it's working properly?  Everything goes down
once in a while, but if this is that much of a problem that one must make
contingency plans, then this sounds like it's chock full of problems.

The best way to solve all of this would be to have all orders trade off an
electronic book.  If this were set up properly (and nothing really is to date
anyway), this would allow for all orders to be posted and matched, with tradable
orders filled and reported within a split second.  Then, we'd really have an
efficient and tradable market for futures.

Regards,
A.J.