Alert problem

My main show me that I use has stopped giving alerts!!!! It is written in the
Power Ed. using the checkalert statement. All my other stuff alerts fine but
this one wont. I pasted the code to make a new show me and that one wont alert
either. By the way alert enabled box is checked and it verifies. Beyond what I
just mentioned I know very little about EL.

Can the code be corrupted even if I copy it? Can I use something other than
Checkalert? My other thought is corrupt workspaces, but when I create a new
workspace it will not work. Any suggestions appreciated.
Ron