Buy function question

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why my system will execute sell
orders at a certain price (stored in and then called from a function that
contains an array (described below)) - 2 points limit, as in the following
line:

Sell ArrowAction[LastDown] Contracts at ArrowDown(0) - 2 points limit;

but will not execute the same line of code on the buy side:

Buy ArrowAction[LastUp] Contracts at ArrowUp(0) + 2 points limit;

I have to instead use this line to execute buy orders:

Buy ArrowAction[LastUp] Contracts on close;

This line works fine, but it is not what I want.  I want to buy at the
ArrowUp price + 2 points limit, the same as I can sell at the ArrowDown
price - 2 points limit.  I tried using stop instead of limit, but no dice.

ArrowAction is an array that stores the number of contracts I want to
buy/sell at the appropriate time, based on when and where I acted last in a
given market.
LastUp/Down are variables that, among other things, tell the system which
element of the ArrowAction array should be called up, and consequently how
many contracts should be bought/sold.
ArrowUp and ArrowDown are functions that contain an array, so please don't
respond telling me my syntax is incorrect, and that I should be using
brackets instead of parentheses.  ArrowUp(0) recalls the last price stored
in the array contained within the ArrowUp function; ArrowDown(0) acts the
same way.

Does anyone know why this discrepancy between buy and sell orders exists in
EL?

BJ