Caution: Main interest the FBI and CFTC may have is in the use of THIS LIST for illegal activities

  • To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Caution: Main interest the FBI and CFTC may have is in the use of THIS LIST for illegal activities
  • From: "Chris Baker" <chrisbak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 07:47:16 -0700

I suggest cooling it for awhile.  I'm not a system vendor or a lawyer but I
doubt either the FBI or CFTC will be interested in exaggerated or even false
claims of systems vendors, but rather in the USE OF THIS LIST FOR ILLEGAL
ACTIVITIES including:
- posting copyrighted code and systems without the permission of the author,
no matter how "noble" the intent.
- promoting devices to defraud BMI
- promoting techniques to avoid paying exchange fees.

Those of you posting some of the above are presumably aware that the
remedies of the FBI or CFTC can involve closing this list and or banning
individuals from involvement in the U.S. securities or futures markets.

Let's talk about trading and TradeStation for a while.