Re: Keep Cool ,Please !!

Felix TY wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>     Mr. Mermer, you should have keep your cool and just privately
> reprimand Andy,and
> maybe a little warning, this should have been in the first place.

Even a post to the list such as "knowingly publishing proprietary
information on this list runs of the risk of legal action being brought
against oneself.  In the future, if you wish to critique a particular
system, it is not necessary to disclose the specific code over the internet
to do so."

Oddly enough, no one has, or even seriously threatened to publish Mermer's
precious code here.  As I've said, I'm very sympathetic to the idea of
protecting intellectual property, regardless of its quality.  I'm sure that
there are others on the list that feel the same way.  However, it is very
difficult to remain sympathetic in the face of the vile hostility exhibited
by Mermer.  If this is the case with your potential friends, I wonder how
more alienated those who already hold such vendors in contempt would
become.  If I were in his shoes, I'd be wary of the tattooed guy on the CNBC
commercial who publishes confidential material for the same reason as he
pierces his tongue - he's been given a *lot* better reason now.  And,
regardless of whatever you *think* the FBI can do in retaliation - the cat
would be out of the bag already by then.

On the whole, though, I suspect that list members are pretty wary of system
vendors in general, as am I.  I'm sure that there are some systems out there
that indeed are useful, but my impression is that many are of dubious
value.  I suspect that even the ones that are would be workable as *a* tool,
rather than just trading it blindly.  I've never purchased any of this
material personally, but I do know a few traders who are quite satisfied
with ASCTrend, although within the system of rules they already employ.
Aside from that, it seems that many traders, particularly those trading
futures (for some reason), have had to learn some expensive lessons along
the way in this regard.  By sharing such information (honestly) in a forum
such as this, it is more likely that the few grains of wheat that may be out
there can be separated from the vast amount of chaff.  If the rules become
broken along the way, third parties maliciously declaring vendettas can only
worsen the situation, and ironically, increase the odds that the problem may
recur.

Regards,
A.J.