Re: Software Vandals and Thieves

In a message dated 98-06-09 00:35:58 EDT, tsci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I am "shocked" to learn that those of you who have been illegally pirating
>  Omega software here for so long are worried about some "Rules" of the List.
>
>  To those illiterates who misread yesterdays comments about ETS, the bottom
>  line is that this little boys club is OVER.  The FBI is now listening and
>  now has copies of EVERYTHING that has transpired on this list over the last
>  few weeks.
>
>  Good luck to those of you who want to trash the hardworking Omega software
>  vendors you have stolen from.  I wonder if they have BMI/Signal feeds in
>  jail for those involved found guilty.
>
>  Take care guys and have fun with each other.  This is obviously no place
>  for serious traders.

Michael

        This is very much a serious traders, but when you call us vandals and
thieves,  I have to ask you:    In you slideshow demo of a few years ago you
refer to your Trendwatch Indicator as "exclusive", and as a "proprietary
analysis".  Now what could you be implying in that, but that it is something
you developed, something unique.  True you registered the name, and that is
yours, and that may be unique.  But a 5 bar rate of change of a 21 bar moving
average is hardly something you developed and certainly isn't proprietary, and
definitely isn't exclusive.   And before you scream I stole your code, one
doesn't need the code to figure it out.   Just the data from dates in your
slide show, and tradestation, and anyone but amateur could figure it out.
What do you call this if it isn't totally misleading a potential buyer.   And
lest you think we are singling you out, we are not.  There are lots of other
examples.  If you said "I can show you how to take standard indicators and
trade with them".  Great, thats honest.  But to imply you have some unique
thing that only can be bought from you.  Well thats.....

       Someone did raise a good point.  Where are the people who gave the
testimonials.  If successful they should be trading, using tradestation, and
surely some of them are on this list.  Are they all on vacation.