Re: Fwd: Illegal Posting of System Codes

Hmmm....just after the Saturday Barbeque, and I get this post. Some Judge
ruled.....OK...this Judge knows his stuff, Huh.  I would not be so quick to jump
on this one.

Don't misunderstand I'm not against Vendor's selling their systems or against
system writers. But in order to have value as proprietary work it must be based on
more than freely exhanged public information.

Just writing a system for a 10&20DMA Crossover is not much of a system.....it
works, but should it be worth $1000.00  or a Bollinger Bands system 3 MA's same
time frame ...this should be worth $1500.00

Yeah, if they are charging Big Bucks for stuff like this the they are due for a
Mexican Holiday on their profits. Burning records??? Not always a good idea.

Now that we've had our fun....I've had some exhanges with system writers.  The
ones I've had exhanges with tell me that what I describe are systems that were the
written in the 70's  Today's systems are much better....I for one am inclined to
believe some of that.  These guys have on ocassion helped me write better
code...and all for an e-mail....no cash.  Some of them are members of this list. I
like to keep it in perspective...I am trying to learn what they already know.  I
pays to be a learner.

John