[Fwd: Ver 3 of market server]

I asked some questions concerning the Universal Market Data Server.

Below are the responses I received.

John
From: Kent Gryzich <tsfsys@xxxxxxx>
To: "'romeroj@xxxxxxx'" <romeroj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Ver 3 of market server
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 12:17:00 -0400
Encoding: 49 TEXT, 71 UUENCODE

Answers below.

-----Original Message-----
From:	John O. Romero [SMTP:romeroj@xxxxxxx]
Sent:	Friday, June 05, 1998 12:07 PM
To:	mstream@xxxxxxx
Subject:	Ver 3 of market server

I plan on using your product along with TradeLab.  I have a few
questions for now.  Thanks for your response and I will pass this along
to the mailing lists I am on - specifically - Omegalist, ATI and
Tradelab.

1.  If I am not interested in 'news' is there a way to turn of the
collection of thisas it will eat up a lot of disk space?

The news is completely unnoticable on my sever and I would not worry about it
However,.you can either minimize the number of days stored or set the News
storage to zero so that news is not collected.

2. Is there a way to control the collection via user selectable options?
Ex. I do not want Nasdaq level 2 info. or I don't want night sessions
for now.

You can set up the instruments you actually want,  but the server is so
effiecieint that I recommend saving everything you get.  Most users that
don't want Lev 2 would not have it enabled by the data vendor. Otherwise,
you can just set the market maker storage to zero so that no Lev2 data is stored.

3.  What is the upgrade policy & cost if I sign up for the $350 version?

Probably $150 annual update cost.

4.  How much data is available to download for historical purposes and
how soon after the exchange closes is it available as a means to collect
data to recover from a system crash/outage?

The server will be able to store/import/exported unlimited data.  Your disk drive
is the only limitatin.

I will be providing a daily file with all ticks on everything that you can download
at the end of the day as part of the $350 when you have problems. This will be
only after the market closes, not intraday.

Thanks in advance.

John Romero

 << File: vcard.vcf >>

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\WINMAIL10.DAT"

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\vcard228.vcf"