Re: a STRATEGY...

I looked at QUOTE.COM but didn't see Volatile stocks listed (of course I don't have an account
there, so I can't see all the services).  But your second message (quoting volume figures)
indicates that you may be talking Most ACTIVE stocks, *not*  the Most VOLATILE stocks.  These
are different things.  Volatility is the measure of daily price movement, not how many shares are
moved.  I think this (Volatility) is a good way to make money.  I have found that the most volatile
stocks move, on average, $4 to $7 a day.  Right now the Internet stocks are in this catagory.  In
fact, looking back the last few years, it is almost always the 'Net stocks (NSCP, AOL, etc.)  NSCP
in its heyday had a volatility of over $10 a day for several months.  That's how it got from $50 to
$170 in three months.

I have been paper trading this approach for a few months, and am certainly ahead.   The problem
is the current market.  We had strong trends two months ago, but the market is now very choppy.
Gaps up and down.  Just as likely to lose as win right now.

If QUOTE.COM is doing the volatility calculation I can forget about running ChartScanner and
maintaining a big database.

So are you talking about ACTIVE stocks or VOLATILE stocks ?

donc

<Subject:          a STRATEGY...
 <  Date:          Thu, 4 Jun 1998 13:04:08 EDT
<   From:         TomKochik@xxxxxxx
<     To:          omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
<
<Hello
<
<I am just wondering if it would work, if I  Look at the QUOTE.com screen
<(choose the TOP 10 MOST VOLATILE STOCKS - to screen on the right) and then
<simply watch closely and follow the trends and also , because that data is 15
<minutes delayed i would feed the current data with LIVE FREE QUOTES from
<other site like -  FreeRealTime.com. etc or my broker   Then I just simply
<looking at say 5minutes period so that i am able to observe quite accurate up
<or down trends and on the second computer have my broker like Ameritrade or
<other to place an immediate order. I ve paper trade this method in real time
<and i am making quite big profit !!
<
<Anybody has any opinions or comments please ? can you tell me if that would
<work REAL TIME WITH REAL MONEY ? I am taking reserve for slippage and wait
<time to got the fill, and still was able to do well, Since i am watching THE
<10 MOST VOLATILE stocks on the market?????
<
< Regards
<Thomas
<
<-------------------
<Subject:          need an advice
<   Date:          Thu, 4 Jun 1998 15:48:39 EDT
<   From:         TomKochik@xxxxxxx
<     To:           omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
<
<Hello All,
<
<Guys if someone could tell me how the following scenario would work in real
<life - i mean actually using the money and waiting for Fills:
<
<SAY the share costs $20 and stock is highly volatile (daily avg. Vol.  500,000
<), and AVg. Tick volume is say 1000 shares.
<