XCopy - the final chapter

Thanks to all who helped in my quest for using XCopy as a mirroring/backup
program.  Here are the results:

Chapter One

XCOPY32 was written by Raymond Chen of MS during evenings on his
own time. Because it was so useful it was included as part of the
original W95 distribution. Raymond has posted in the MS
newsgroups that the XCOPY32 routine should have been created as a
*.dll file rather than as an executable.

He insists that XCOPY.EXE should always be executed - never
XCOPY32.EXE. The software will determine its environment and will
call XCOPY32 if that's appropriate. I don't know the reasons for
his insistence and I realize that execution of XCOPY32 does seem
to work - but I believe that the author of the software should
know the proper way to execute it.

Chapter Middle

I'm currently running Win95 OSR2, Fat 32 file system, two 6.4 Gigabyte
Western Digital hard drives, TS 4.0 build 20.

I did some testing and if you execute XCOPY under Win95 from the START/RUN
or in a DOS window and you have long file names, XCOPY32 is automatically
engaged.

The Final Chapter

I now have the following command as a short cut on my desktop.  I copied
2.7 Gigs in 20 minutes.

xcopy c:\ d:\ /s /e /c /i /h /r /k /y

I went into and double clicked D:\omega\program\OR_BTC.EXE (I use BMI)
and everything came up perfectly.  Ditto with Excel, Word, and everything
else that was XCopy'ed.