Below you will find a FAQ explaining how to edit the American Holiday
List and make the appropriate changes. This document is also now posted
on our Internet site at www.omegaresearch.com

We will post this message again the week prior to Independence Day.
---------------
Changing Independence Day in the American Holiday List

Independence Day (July 4) occurs on a Saturday in 1998.  Therefore,
Friday, July 3, 1998 will be the celebrated holiday and the American
markets will be closed. The holiday is incorrectly listed in the Omega
Research Server Holiday List as July 4, 1998. Therefore, unless the
holiday is changed in the Holiday List, all exchanges in the Symbol
Portfolio that are closed will collect the daily settlement prices from
Thursday, July 2 again on Friday, July 3. To ensure normal data
collection, you need to change the holiday in the American Holiday List.

This document explains:

A.	How to change the holiday to the Holiday List.
B.	What to do after the holiday if you did not change the holiday
in the Holiday List.
C.	Frequently asked questions about holidays in general.

A.  How to change the holiday to the Holiday List:

1. In the Omega Research Server, use the Tools - Holiday Setup menu
sequence.
2. Highlight American Holidays.
3. Click Edit List.
4. Highlight 07/04/98 Independence Day and click Edit Date.
5. In the Date field, type 07/03/98.
6. Click OK.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Close.

Note: You must set up the holiday by Thursday, 7/2/98 11:59pm. If it is
not, you will need to perform Step B on the day after the holiday.

B. What to do after the holiday if you did not change the holiday in the
Holiday List:

If you did not add the holiday to the Holiday List prior to the holiday,
the server will collect daily settlement prices for the holiday, which
will simply be a duplication of the previous day's settlement prices.
Therefore, you will need to delete the daily data for the holiday. To do
so:

1.  In the Omega Research Server, use the File - Delete menu sequence.
2.  Remove the check next to Intraday.
3.  On the Daily line, set the Start Date to 07/03/98.
4.  On the Daily line, set the End Date to 07/03/98.
5.  Click Add by.
6.  Highlight all affected exchanges (Hold down the CTRL key while
clicking the exchanges).
7.  Click OK.
8.  Click OK.
9.  In the "Delete data?" dialog box, click Yes.

C.  Frequently asked questions about holidays in general:

Q:  Why is there a Holiday List?

A:  Our server is scheduled to collect daily data after the close of
each market on the days scheduled in the symbol/exchange universe. All
of our compatible data feeds will continue to send the previous business
day's daily prices (also known as refresh, settlement, or daily data)
during the holiday. If a regularly scheduled day is a holiday (or
non-trading day) and the holiday is listed in the Holiday List, the
server will not collect this duplicate daily data. However, if the
holiday is not listed in the Holiday List, the server will collect the
same daily data two days in a row. Obviously, this will alter any
technical analysis, which is why it is necessary to either a) setup the
holiday in advance or b) delete the duplicated daily data after it has
been collected.

Q:  What other problems can I expect on the day after the holiday?