Re: daily data collection

Dear Dmitry,

I am a FOREX fund manager and I use TS with BMI as my datafeed.
By the way, I am not very happy with BMI and their service for
FOREX is very primitive. They do not support it. Any data you
miss, they tell you TOUGH LUCK. I think the best source for FOREX
data with TS is going to be Future Source as they refresh their
data everyday and they keep historical data.

Anyway, for FOREX, you need to set the Session fields in the
Symbol Universe.
Here is how to do that:
1. In the Server, Go to Tools, Then Select Symbol Universe
2. From there, Select FOREX and then choose the symbol you are
following
3. Select Edit Symbol
4. Select the option that says "Use the following Setting as
Default"
5. Select your price Scale
7. Type 10000 for Daily Limit, 1 for Min. Movement, 1 for Big
Point Value, 1 for Collect Daily Quotes...., and 3 for the second
field Collect Daily Quotes.
8. for the Session, now this depends on what part of the world
are you at. For example, I am in Houston, Texas, USA. I end my
session with New York Time. This is when my daily data is
collected. I have the following:
03:01 PM  -  02:59PM  (This is 24 Hours) The day Starts with
Australia which is about 3 PM Houston time (8 AM Australia Time)
and ends 4 PM NY time (3 PM Houston time).
Then Make sure you select S M T W T F for the days to collect
data.

Repeat the same steps for all the Symbols you have already added.
Any new symbols you add will have these setting as default.

I hope my explanation was clear enough. If you have any
questions, please feel free to contact me.

BY THE WAY, WHERE YOU ABLE TO GET HISTORICAL DATA FOR FOREX. IF
YES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS I AM LOOKING FOR FOREX HISTORICAL DATA
AND SO FAR HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU
HAVE IT.

Regards,
Khalid M. Mirza
Houston, Texas, USA