Re : ShowMe runs multiple times?

Dans un courrier daté du 28/05/98 01:06:15  , vous avez écrit :

<<
 I just noticed something very odd.  I have a ShowMe that works just
 the way I wanted, or so I thought.  While I was checking something,
 I added some debug statements with the date.

 I applied the ShowMe to a daily chart that went back to 9/30/97.
 When looked in the Print Log, I discovered the series of dates was
 printed more than once!  E.g. there were dates from 9/30 to 1/6/98,
 then it started over at 10/17/97 and ran to 2/10/98, then 10/23/97
 to 2/13/98, then 10/28/97 to 2/18/98, then 10/31/97 to 2/20/98,
 etc.  All told it cycled through TEN TIMES before it finally got
 past 3/4/98 and went all the way to 5/27!

 The ShowMe contains some SwingHighBar and SwingLowBar calls,
 but I wouldn't think that would do that.

 What on earth!?
 Gary >>

This should happens if you have set maxbarsback (mbb) to "Autodetect".
Doing so makes TS dynamically search for the optimal maxbarsback value.
And as the print log is a debugging tool, it prints each instance of what TS
does.
Set  mbb to a correct value and the disturbing thing will disappear.
This will also speed up the calculation if you maintain mbb to the minimum
necessary value

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com