Re: Data Transfer

Your simplest solution is to get two Ethernet cards (NICs) at your local
computer store and a cable to connect them.  A basic card for a desktop is
$30 to $40 and somewhat more for a PCMCIA card if you're also running a lap-top.

You'll also need to set up the Win networking on each computer but the Help
facility has install and troubleshooting procedures that are pretty good--
or you can get your local nerd to do it for you for a modest fee.

Once it's set up, you'll have 10 Megabit per second transfer between your
computers via the Win-Explorer program.  You can also link several machines
this way.

For basic machine-to-machine communication and transfers, it leaves Zip
Drives, serial links,  and other external types in the dust...