Demo of system

>Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 09:24:08 -0800
>From: Peter Anderson <pander@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Demo of system

>I ordered a demo of a well known and advertised S&P daytrade system after
>seeing it's lavish website filled with the current buzzwords of "chaos
>theory"  "backwards validation"  "walk forward testing", etc.....it had it
>all...plus a track record for 15 years with huge profits and minimal
>drawdowns....
>after I received the demo, i watched it realtime during the October 1997
>crash.....it had a terrible month, losing when it traded and staying on the
>sidelines during the big decline days....therefore I decided that it wasn't
>worthwhile...after all, if a s&p daytrade system can't make money in that
>market...

>imagine my surprise when I visited the web site a couple of months later
>and accessed the track record which showed it made a huge profit during
>October!

>The system developers had re-optimized the system so it made money in
>October....i know this because the numbers of trades were different for the
>whole track record from the track record I was provided in my demo!
>typical system developers trick.

      Welcome to the WORLD OF ILLUSION Peter !!!  Those magician could learn a
few tricks from these vendors.  One time while I was sitting in the public
library, I saw a well known Gold/silver newsletter writer sneak in and quickly
replaced his previous newsletter that had an atrocious portfolio with a new
winning one- just like magic.  I could cite many horror scams, but I think
I'll save it in case if trading doesn't work out for me, i can always get a
job as a comedian.
     I hope you realize $500 is not enough to buy you a system that will solve
all your financial problems.
As Diane Sawyer would ask-  "What were you thinking of ,( Fill in the Blank
)"???.

Good luck and don't buy them if you can't sell them,

Jim Wong